Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Expobar

tuesday.20.september.2011

Father Dearest has flown off to Toronto for a week to finalise all shipping and coffee selection details with our roaster; and to do some cafĂ© shopping. While I’m overseeing things on the shop preparation front, I decided I’d also step up my latte making practice during this week before the Evolution arrives. Father Dearest decided that my Rancilio wasn’t up to the task of heavy duty practice. What an insult to my poor faithful little machine! Although, in fairness, I’ll admit that the Rancilio really doesn’t allow for more than 2 very good shots in a row.

So, Father Dearest took his beloved Expobar out for a spin and brought it to my house. I’m currently playing landlord to two espresso machines, two coffee grinders, two French presses and several bags of coffee. Mother Dearest now has a delightfully clear kitchen counter top and I have a veeerrrry cluttered one. Husband would complain about this lack of space except that he’s being plied with sample lattes every day. Poor long suffering man…



The Expobar- newest member of my kitchen counter


1 comment: