Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Comeback Queen???

Nope not Whitney Houston… (although I really do wish she could make a successful comeback). I’m talking about this blog writer! Sorry I’ve been away for so long. But thanks again to all those of you who continued to show your interest and support.

The new year (I haven’t posted since December last year!) brought many new opportunities and challenges for Husband and myself, which kept me away from the blog. I took on a part-time lecturer position in Latin American International Relations at a college in January. Time that would usually have been spent on blog posts was subsequently assigned to lecture preparations and essay corrections.

Husband and his business partners opened up an optometrist’s practice in February – for those of you living in Trinidad, check out LOOK Opticians for fantastic frames, good prices and excellent service! Don’t just take my word for it. Come check it out yourself! ** Gratuitous plug ends here **
Pre-natal preparations from classes to shopping to exercises to finding a new apartment seemed to have taken up the rest of my time. Our little Coffee Bean finally reached roast perfection on May 11th and has been happily taking up just about all my time since! Maternity leave is a fantastic invention! Husband is most envious of the time I spend at home. He thinks I get to sleep a lot. How misguided!!! Admittedly, having my mother stay with us has been a HUGE help, for which I am extremely grateful, and does allow me to catch up on sleep.

And… the last new activity that has been keeping this blogger occupied??? Preparing for the opening of the Perfect Cup Café!!!!! Father Dearest and I secured a space for the café in March and have been putting things in place bit by bit since then. Thanks to our friends at Classic Awards and Buy the Corner Convenience Store (the newest and only convenience store on the Avenue- perfect for after work grocery pick-ups- great prices here too! :o) for helping. We will be located at the Corner of Luis Street and Ariapita Avenue, right between Classic and Buy the Corner. Our “coming soon’ sign is already up, walls are painted, furnishings are going in and we hope to open in August.

Well, now you’re all caught up on what’s been going on. I’ll be keeping you informed as to the progress of the café as the weeks go by. Blog posts will probably be reduced to about 2 a week now… after all, on top of everything else, I do have a very tasty and super important Coffee Bean to look after!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Kim! So much amazing stuff going on for you guys. Congratulations a million times over! Next time I come home I have to hug up the coffee bean, get my new glasses from Look, and have some coffee at Perfect Cup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Thanks chick! At least you can do all that stuff on one street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! And what fantastic news! Congratulations all round. But it probably is a bit too far to travel for my new glasses...

    ReplyDelete