Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Husband Speaks

    ** Check out this very first post from Husband. Wonder if he'll become a weekly guest blogger??? **

While Wife is currently nursing the Coffee Bean, I’ve stolen a chance at her keyboard to have a go at this “blogging thing” :O). Now I’m not trying to be biased, but I’ve recently found that the best accompaniment to the perfect cup of coffee, is to own the perfect pair of spectacles from LOOK Opticians.

Ok, so now that I have that shameless plug out of the way, I get to share my thoughts, albeit quite limited, about coffee. I will focus on my postnatal coffee experience. As you know Father Dearest and Mother Dearest have been staying with us quite often since we became parents. As a result I wake up each morning to a freshly prepared cup of coffee that ranges between brewed coffee to a lovely latte (usually courtesy Father Dearest). Now, what is important to note is that I wake up perhaps one to two hours later after this fantastic cuppa has been prepared. Most, if not all coffee connoisseurs will cringe knowing that I left the coffee there for such an extended period. Worst of all, I reheat it in the microwave!!!! Double cringe!!! Triple Cringe!!!!

The fact is I get to put my coffee beverage into my travel mug and enjoy it while on the way to work. There is no better start to the day. Don’t ask me what flavour I’m having, don’t ask me the origin, don’t ask me about the brewing time or process – I leave that to the experts. And the comfort of knowing that my very own ‘professional’ barristas have prepared my morning java is all I need. Plus it’s a joy to know I have not resorted to settling for the popular store brand instant coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment