Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Zzzz…

“A day without coffee is sleep.” I read that somewhere a while ago and after going a day without coffee, I most definitely agree. Actually, I’d like to embellish that statement… “A day without coffee is like death!” Today was Little Feet’s 3rd birthday party and Husband and I had undertaken cake duty. After baking three sponge cakes yesterday, we had to frost them all (in keeping with the party’s construction theme) this morning. A belated wake-up time led to some minor delays and a lot of flustering around the kitchen. No time to make morning coffee. By mid afternoon the cake was finally taking shape and was ready to be shipped off to the party. We got ourselves ready, piled everyone into the car (including LaLa who is visiting from St. Lucia for Little Feet’s party) and packed the cake to go. We forgot to make afternoon coffee.


I was like the living dead by this time. No coffee in my system and no chance to get a cup. I thought for sure I’d make a quick, not too strong cup when we got home after the party. But the clogged kitchen sink demanded a trip out to SuperPharm for a bottle of DrainO. I gave up on the coffee. I don’t even know how I’m still awake… barely awake though. First thing I’m doing in the morning is making myself a big pot of Uprising!

No comments:

Post a Comment