Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Caffeine Content

As I continue in my battle against the budget numbers and as I see my home and bed less and less, I decided to look up which sources of caffeine provide the highest levels of stimulant.  Here's what I found:
A cup of drip brewed coffee has about 115 milligrams of caffeine, an espresso (and percolated coffee) about 80mg, while instant coffee has about 65mg of caffeine. Decaffeinated coffee is not totally caffeine free, containing about 3mg of caffeine. An 8oz can of Coca-Cola has about 23mg of caffeine, Pepsi Cola 25mg and Mountain Dew 36mg.  Tea has about 40mg of caffeine, while an ounce of chocolate contains about 20mg.

Data from: http://didyouknow.org/coffee/

Moral: Stick with my brewed coffee in the morning and eat more chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment