Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Coffee Ice-cream

Mmmm.... coffee ice-cream.  I'll admit, the first time I was told about coffee ice-cream I was pretty sceptical.  I mean, can coffee really be combined with the rich creamy goodness that is ice-cream??? Cold, thick, creamy coffee? That just didn't sound right.  But then I tried Haagen Dazs coffee ice-cream.  Yummy.  There is most definitely a strong coffee flavour but it's not at all over powering. The creamy sweetness reminds me almost of a sweetened caramel latte but better. I've been wondering what kind of desserts I can make with this ice-cream base and once again turned to Daniel Young. In his book, Coffee Love, Daniel recommends a Coffee Ice-Cream Soda.  Pour coffee syrup in a tall glass, add vanilla ice-cream, strir, add some club soda, stir again and top off with a nice big scoop of coffee ice-cream.
It should look something like this: (pic taken from Flickr


Yum!!!

1 comment: