Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Getting there…

As an urge for cinnamon and eggnog lattes came over me yesterday I decided it was time to give the old Silvia a good run through and wipe down.  Poor abandoned Silvia has sat as nothing more than a shiny kitchen decoration for the last three months… maybe even four *shudder*

I filled up the water tank, heated her up and let some water run through the grouphead and steam wand.  I even worked up some steam to really clear out the pipes and finished off by washing and drying, to a shine, the grate and spill tray.  I swear I heard Silvia gurgle its thanks as the water rushed through!

Not to be stood up, the Gaggia also got a bit of a clean out.  In fairness though, the grinder has been used a bit more frequently (at least twice) than Silvia, as I've prepared pre-ground coffee for Husband to use as he desires.  Of course Husband still hasn't been enjoying the taste of fresh ground coffee as I've just been pre-grinding large batches.  Awful!

Anyway, now that Silvia is all fresh and shiny and all traces of old coffee grounds have been removed from Gaggia, maybe I'll get around to whipping up those lattes tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment