Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cafe Britt

thursday.23.september.2010


What an evening yesterday! Just as I thought I could start packing up to go home, the heavens opened up and torrential rains came flooding down. I’d love to say that that’s an exaggeration but between the lightening, thunder and flash flooding, it certainly is an accurate description. Faced with a very delayed commute home, Husband and I decided to kill some time at the Hyatt coffee shop/ bar while we waited for the traffic to ease up a bit.

Our barista was a lovely young lady who expertly handled the immaculately kept espresso machine. I couldn’t quite catch the name of the machine, though. Coffee beans were ground on demand, milk was professionally foamed and the machine wiped spotless at the end. Café Britt seems to be the coffee of choice at the Hyatt. Café Britt specializes in gourmet Costa Rican and Peruvian coffees. I had a latte so I didn’t get the true taste of the coffee. However, my latte was absolutely delicious. The crisp notes of the coffee cut right through the creamy milk indicating that the coffee was fresh and well prepared. I guess I’ll just have to go back again to try a regular brew!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment