Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

TGIF

friday.17.september.2010

The end of the week has at last arrived.  Thank God it's Friday!  What a better way to spend a Friday evening than having cocktails?  I've been mulling over the coffee based cocktails for a while now.  I'm still not sure I'd like to have my alcohol mixed with my espresso.  Take for instance the Espresso Martini that I mentioned a couple months ago.  It can be prepared as follows:

Ingredients:      
   1 1/2 oz vodka
   3/4 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
   1/4 oz white creme de cacao (or Baileys)
   1 oz cold espresso
Preparation:
Pour the vodka and Kahlua, creme de cacao and espresso into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.  Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.  Garnish with coffee beans and serve.
 
Espresso Martini!

I've been itching to try this drink but reluctant to invest in all the associated liqueurs.  I'd try it at a bar or something, but what would be the quality of the espresso?  Should I splurge on the cocktail paraphernalia or should I risk some sub-standard espresso? What a Friday conundrum!  TGIF folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment