Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Chorreador

friday.24.september.2010

Happy Republic Day Trinidad and Tobago. Yet another public holiday! I love it. Three holidays over the last four weeks but none in October :o( I’m sure we’ll find a way to survive.

Anyway, on to the coffee. Yesterday I mentioned CafĂ© Britt, which specializes in gourmet Costa Rican and Peruvian coffees. Today I figured I’d share with you a picture of an authentic Costa Rican coffee maker- The Costa Rican Chorreador. It’s essentially a wooden hanger and a sock-like cloth filter. I first came across the Chorreador on a website/ blog called “the kitchn”, which is where the first picture is taken from. The second picture is from a website called Travel Muse
Finely ground coffee is placed in the sack and hot water is poured in to mix with the grounds and gradually filter out. I imagine clean up is quite a pain! However, this traditional set up is still widely used in Costa Rica and in the homes of Costa Ricans globally.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment