Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Be the Coffee Bean

friday.20.august.2010

Some days are just tough and a little motivational pick me up can go a long way.  Ever since I was given this 'lecture', several years ago, I've always come back to it when faced with a problem or difficult situation.  Hope it brings a smile to you too. There are several versions of this story online. However, here it is as told to me when I needed it.

"What happens to a carrot when you boil it?" He asked.
"The carrot goes soft." I said.
"And what happens when you boil an egg?" He asked again.
"You get a hard-boiled egg." I said.
"But what do you get when you boil a coffee bean?"
"Umm...  coffee?" I answered, a little hesitantly.
"Yes. You get coffee. But the hot water does not make the coffee bean soft. It does not make the bean hard. The coffee bean keeps its form and shape under pressure and turns the water into something fragrant, delicious and beautiful."

Don't let a difficult situation get the better of you.  Turn your problems into opportunities… Be the Coffee Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment