Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Milk Wars

I've been using some fresh cow's milk from a local farm over the last few days.  It tastes pretty good but there are no markings on the bottle to indicate whether the milk is full cream, skimmed or semi-skimmed.  I'm thinking it's probably full cream. I also can't tell if the milk is pasteurized or ultra-pasteurized.  What I can tell is that it hasn't been providing me with good micro-foam for my cappuccinos! Even the long-life boxed milk provided a better starting point for velvety foam. Ah well, the espresso still tastes pretty good, even if I've been having to settle for lattes instead of cappuccinos.
           
Esmeralda update: The coffee has arrived in Miami and is being processed for shipment to Trinidad!

No comments:

Post a Comment