Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Of Cocoa, Rituals and Watermelons

sunday.22.august.2010

I've had a rather dry weekend by my coffee standards.  I actually did not switch on the Silvia even once this whole weekend! Shocking!  In all fairness, I was hardly home Saturday and Sunday, having lots of weekend chores to catch up on after being away for the last two.

Saturday was blistering hot.  I found myself in the mall, walking around, slightly hungry and craving a sweetness fix.  Bad combination! Then I saw it… the Rituals kiosk.  While I'm no fan of the coffee, their chiller is quite a seductress.  Yes I know it's just sweet powdery nutritional nothingness… but the caramel latte chiller is really yummy! I did ask them to hold the whipped cream.  Ah well, we all have our weaknesses… even Husband deigned to share the drink with me.

Later that afternoon we were visiting Husband's friend, T and had cocktails.  T is currently roasting her very own coffee bean so couldn't partake in any of the alcoholic merriment, but that didn't stop her brother from showing off his mixologist skills.  Husband and I were treated to a fabulous Vodka, raspberry and orange drink ironically called a Watermelon. It tasted so good we returned the next day for more!    

Sunday night hot drinks, I suppose, should be caffeine free… something about getting to sleep at a decent hour on a work night.  Tonight, therefore, although we would rather have had some Moka Sumatra, I decided to make some Cocoa for Husband and myself.  Unfortunately I didn't have the ingredients or the patience to attempt a re-creation of last week's Cocoa Tea, so we had to settle for regular cocoa powder.  However, with the right amount of cocoa, milk, water and honey I was able to create a delightful bedtime treat.  If only we still had a bottle of Baileys in the house…

No comments:

Post a Comment