Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Americano Cafe Latte?

Husband had a special request coffee this morning.  He asked me to make an espresso, which I was to pour into his coffee mug, add some hot water and top it off with steamed milk.  I suppose what he wanted was an Americano Cafe Latte? He's actually been requesting this drink for several days now, but I only got around to making it for him this morning.  I put three ounces of hot water in the coffee mug, added one and a half ounces of   espresso and topped it all off with about four ounces of steamed milk.  Results: a very mild coffee drink.  Husband loved the drink, which he immediately named after himself! I, however, am not quite sure if to endorse this drink as yet.  My own preference would be to use a double shot of espresso (three ounces), three ounces of hot water and three ounces of steamed milk- this should produce a stronger, heartier brew.  Will try it soon and let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment