Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mmmm… espresso!

I previously mentioned that Husband is studying for exams, the last of which he will sit tomorrow- Thank Goodness! Husband’s friend has been an excellent and most faithful study partner for the last few days, but somehow I still managed to get a ‘lecture’ on the 9 M’s of product assessment- something about adding value and contributing to core competencies. Good thing I’m not writing these exams!



Anyway, his 9 M’s reminded me of the much more familiar and, to me, much easier to remember 4 M’s of espresso making:

• the Miscela - the coffee blend (Black Cat perhaps);
• the Macinazione - correct grinding of a coffee blend (Gaggia #5);
• the Macchina - espresso machine (trusty Silvia); and
• the Mano - the skilled barista (that would be me).


When each of the four M's is expertly handled, the resulting espresso is quite simply… perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment