Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 4- complete


monday.31.may.2010


The last day. I was quite sad to leave Dawson and Elizabeth and the delightful world of the Coffee Academy.  And I’ll certainly be missing the Evolution and the fantastic espresso produced by that lovely lady!


We had a great teacher, Sameer, to refine our shot pulling and milk steaming techniques-these can even be practiced on my baby Silvia. It was just my Dad and me at this last class so we got some excellent one on one attention.


A new milk steaming mantra: Spout to spout, Flat base, East to west, Steam.


And a Latte Art mantra: High, Low, Force, Up, Out.


We certainly had some better looking art than on Friday!


Thanks to the guys at the Academy I think we’re definitely better prepared to face the challenges ahead. I’m looking forward to going home and continuing on my journey to the Perfect Cup!


Have a look at some of the gorgeous art work I've got to live up to- thanks Sameer!

No comments:

Post a Comment