Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Bicerin

A new week and a new drink! I decided to set the cappuccino aside this afternoon and try out a new drink. I was feeling for something chocolatey and decadent so the Bicerin was a natural choice. This traditional hot drink from Turin, Italy is made up of three intense layers. Layer 1 is made up of wickedly rich semi-sweet cocoa melted into hot milk. Layer 2 is espresso and Layer 3 is made up of slightly sweetened whipped cream (or foamed milk).  Mmmmmmmmmmm........


Reactions: This drink is sinfully rich and thick when made with whipped cream- I may have to try it with the foamed milk instead to ease up on my after dinner calorie intake. Mother-in-Law absolutely loved it! Husband was a bit shocked by the combined hit of the chocolate and double espresso. Husband’s friend certainly appreciated the cocoa and its South American origins.

Not a bad first attempt at all. I just need to work on my timing. Between melting the chocolate, whipping the cream, pulling the double shots and building the drink, I managed to while away a good 45 minutes!

Enjoy the pics below. The first is of a ‘professional’ Bicerin and the second is my own creation.


Courtesy HafifTarif.com






courtesy KimmyDe

No comments:

Post a Comment