Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Manic

tuesday.2.june.2010


Today was our last full day in Toronto so we decided to do a little sightseeing downtown. On my ‘to see’ list was Manic- a coffee shop owned by Matt, our teacher from Day 1 of the course. After going into his cafe, all I can say is that I hope one day someone will come into my coffee shop and be totally blown away by the coffee that I serve them- like I was today.

We ordered a couple of lattes, which were served with the requisite latte art hearts, swans, rosettes etc, and I ordered a Clover. A Clover is the total coffee-geek coffee machine, which has been designed to brew just one cup of coffee at a time. It usually results in the most perfect cup possible. My cup was no exception. The barista recommended the El Machete Panamanian. I took a first taste to decide how much milk or sugar I would have to add… None. It was perfect as is. My first cup of black coffee. It tasted soooo good! I bought a pack to try out in my French press at home. Hope it tastes just as good... or at least close!

No comments:

Post a Comment