Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to Silvia

thursday.3.june.2010

Alright it’s back to business. Time to put the Evolution out of mind (temporarily) and put Silvia back to use with my new coffee skills. I realised first off that I’ll need to do some serious configuring with my grinder to get the best out of it. Next I started pulling my shots. Some over-extracting went on thanks to too coarse a grind- will adjust over the weekend- but it still wasn’t a bad start.
On to the milk. Although we were told to use fresh, full fat milk for best results in milk steaming for latte art, I only had low fat boxed milk available. Not to be deterred, I half filled my milk pitcher, recited the mantra: spout to spout, flat base, east to west and steamed. Samir would have been proud of my ‘quiet’ milk. I had achieved the desired consistency and was even able to impress Husband and Mother-in-Law with little hearts in their cappuccinos. Didn’t I feel like a shiny shilling!
Let the practice continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment