Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Black Cat

I've gone on and on about how much I enjoyed Intelligentsia's El Machete (the Panamanian coffee I bought from Manic).  However, I seem to have neglected to mention that I also bought a pack of Intelli's Black Cat espresso blend. Intelligentsia's website describes this espresso as having "astounding mouthfeel, with clean flavors of molasses and red cherries. Sweetness is abundant, finishing with a resonant coating of dark chocolate."
Sounds pretty nice doesn't it?  I can't say as yet that it tastes like that!  My barista skills on the Silvia still need some serious fine tuning before I can release all the Black Cat's goodness.  My first attempt with this espresso blend led me to a bitter cocoa finish as opposed to a pleasant chocolate. Guess I'll just have to keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment