Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Brewing Methods

saturday.26.june.2010


As I was preparing a French Press brew this morning, my niece noted, “Aunty, you make coffee a long way sometimes and a short way sometimes.”
(She thinks the cappuccinos take too long)!
She’s absolutely right, though. There are very many ways to brew a cup of coffee, and I seem to be amassing quite a collection of brewers. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, some have significantly more advantages than others. Some brewing methods can take only a few minutes, including clean-up, while others can last well over half an hour.
My Drip Coffee Machine can brew four cups of coffee in about 7 minutes.
My French Press brews in just under 4 mins.
My Moka Pot takes about 10 minutes to run its cycle.
My Vietnamese Coffee Filter takes almost 6 minutes to produce 6 ounces.
Last, but certainly not least, my Silvia takes only 23 seconds to release a shot of espresso; but at least 15 minutes from switch on to foamed milk!
The joys of coffee preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment